torsdag 31 januari 2008

Getting better

First, I saw my orthodontist yesterday. He was surprised to see that my neck is still bruised, cause usually when patients come back after two weeks it will be gone. I don't know.. maybe it just takes me longer to heal. Actually it doesn't look that bad anymore, but for these first couple of weeks I've been concerned about what people that see me might think. Perhaps they imagine I'm beeing abused by my fiance... :-/

Anyway he was also very pleased with the results from my surgery, and seems convinced that the remaining gap in between my jaws in the front is something that he'll be able to fix. With the miracles he's done to my teeth so far, I trust him completely.
Right now I have two rubber bands keeping my jaws closed training them to bite right. I wear them as much as I bare.. but take them out when I need to eat, or when I'm just too tired..

When I woke up this morning my face was still swollen. My left eye was half closed because of it, and yet again i could not breathe through my nose. During the day finally I've become less swollen. My OS suspects I might have sinusitis and that is what has made me worse. I have been given antibiotics to last three more days and will be going back again on monday to see if I'm better then.

I had the stitches removed in my mouth today. It wasn't supposed to hurt so I tryed to relax. But then it stinged just enough to make tears start running from my eyes and then it becamse more difficult to relax. It wasn't comfortable.. but not all that bad either. And it did feel good to get rid of them.

I wonder now how long it will take before I start feeling normal.
I can't feel the palate in my mouth, which brings out some of the joy I feel about beeing able to eat softer foods. I can't feel my gumbs, which makes brushing difficult, not beeing aware of how hard I'm pressing the brush. The right side of my nose, lips and chin are numb still. I can feel when something touches it, but not what or how hard. On some spots I can't even feel hot or cold.
My OS pinched me with a pair of tweezers, and I thought he was just touching lightly.
I know it has only been a little over two weeks, but I'm feeling anxious to get the sense of touch back.
I sometimes get the tingling sensation. The worst is when I feel an itch, and reach my hand out to itch it, and it does nothing...

I guess all I can do is wait and keep healing.

2 kommentarer:

Michelle sa...

Glad to hear things are moving along for you. Stay strong, I'm sure that feeling will be back before you know it.

Eva sa...

Thank you, I'm doing better every day now. I'm sure feeling will come back with time, from all I've seen it seems to be normal and may take a few months or more. At least it's only one side :-)