onsdag 23 januari 2008

8 days post-op

okay, i am feeling better at least than I did the other day. I don't feel like my entire face is going to explode.. Right now my main concern is still not being able to breathe through my nose, actually being more clogged up than ever. Not beeing able to blow my nose in this condition sucks. I´ve started feeling it getting to my ear when I swallow too, so what now if I get an ear infection and I'm prescribed yet more anthibiotics??

I'm going to see the doctor that did my surgery tomorrow, we'll see what he has to say. I have a few questions to ask this time. I never had any questions before, but now there´s a lot. Like what is it I´m swallowing down every now and then that feels like small pieces of plastic? And I'm concerned about my bite, dit it really go as planned? I can't really find a place where my teeth come together naturally on both sides. it feels a bit weird. Also I have to ask for the medical term for the actual surgery I had so that I can write it here. It never mattered to me what it was called before, but it matters now that I´ve found so many people getting different kinds of jaw surgeries.

I just drank a banana.. it was actually pretty good. Just blended a banana with some milk, a few blueberries and a little chocolate. Jummiest thing today. Dinner was chicken noodle soup in wich I added chopped garlic and olive oil. I´ve also been drinking tea, juice and various soups throughout the day.

I´m trying to recall how long ago it was that I started this process. Actually it is alsmost three years ago now that I went to my dentist for a check up and started discussing correcting my jaw. I was supposed to do this in my late teens, butt stuff got in the way... it was 5 years later that I took the decision and started on this journey at 24 years of age. Around the same time I became pregnant with my second child who will now be 2 y/o on valentines day.
I´ve worn braces 1½ years before this surgery and I´m told I will keep them on for another 6 months after.

By the way, you may wonder what was actually wrong with my bite and why I wanted to get it corrected.
Well people around me have not been able to understand it. They noticed a crooked tooth and a lot of gums showing in my smile, but the didn't see that I had not only and overbite, but also and open bite. Basically I haven't been able to really bite at all, without using my tounge and sometimes even my fingers to press up against my top teeth. Eating a hamburger for example, the tomato and lettuce would hang out of my mouth when I tryed to bite. Ham sandwiches were the worst.

Gah, why do I have to keep thinking about food??? I am sooo craving to chew real food again. PIZZAAAAA!!!!!!

I'll be back with information about how things go at the doctors.

1 kommentar:

Michelle sa...

Just checking in to see if you posted about your appointment. I hope all went well and you are feeling better.
Take care!!