måndag 21 januari 2008

6 days post-op

I find it sad now, that it is not until 6 days after I had my surgery that I thought about sharing my experiences. I have to admit, I was poorly prepared for my surgery. I had the information given to me by my orthodontist, but I did no research on my own. I guess I just didn't want to think about it that much, just get it done and over with.
Well as I sit here, after my surgery I am reading blog after blog, looking to read about others people going through what I am going through now. I am swollen and in pain, and I sooooo want to blow my nose right now (but of course, I can't).
What is strange is that I'm in more pain right now than I have been for the earlier days. I keep wetting towels with cold water and putting on my face and head, and I haven't had that need before. Now my jaw hurts, my neck, cheek bones up to my ears..
Today I did a bad thing. I stopped taking antibiotics this morning. I know you´re not supposed to, but they make me so sick. I was so naseous this morning, there was just no way.. and now that i'm finally better, i still can't bring myself to taking another one of those pills from hell. I hope I feel better tomorrow...

5 kommentarer:

Shontelly sa...

Better late than never! Thank you for stopping at my blog to wish me luck. I can't remember but I'm sure those pills made me sick as well. I have a weak stomach. Isn't that feeling just the worse?!
So what surgeries did you get done?

Eva sa...

Most definitley the worst.. physical pain is tolerable, but feeling sick.. is not.
I'll get back with the medical terms but I had both jaws adjusted, and teeth in the back pressed. basically corrected overbite+open bite.

Shontelly sa...

AGREED. I'd much rather some physical pain. I SO understand about going into to it kinda blindly. That was me on my first jaw surgery. I really didn't care what it was called I just wanted it fixed!! ;)

Michelle sa...

Hello, I hope you are feeling better and you had all of your questions answered at your appt.
For me, I think it was the pain meds that made me sick. Theres nothing worse than throwing up while dealing with all this metal and an unstable jaw. That was the worst. I'm hoping it won't happen this time.
Do you have any photo's? I am also having an open/over bite fixed but, right now I am just scheduled for upper jaw surgery.

Eva sa...

hi michelle, feeling better, thanks.
This time? Are you getting several surgeries?
I don't have any photos at this point, but I´ll be adding once I do. If I can just find the right USB-cable I might transfer a picture of my swollen face, if I actually dare show it..haha.. not very attractive.