måndag 11 februari 2008

4 weeks update, with pictures

Finally I'm able to show a couple of pictures of my progress. Or really, I can't believe I actually dare show them, haha...
I look and feel "okay" right now, but I'm still far from "normal".

This is my profile a couple of days after surgery. Swollen and bruised...

Profile now, 4 weeks after. Looks a lot better, especially under my chin. Still a bit swollen, especially my cheeks in the area around my nose.

Front a couple of days after surgery. Yikes I look tired.. and so I was.


Heres the front now, 4 weeks after. I think my face looks kind of crooked.. maybe partly that the swelling is uneven, but I think it looks less crooked and feels better if I don't wear the rubberbands that are supposed to keep my lower jaw in the right place. But if I don't wear them, my teeth don't come together the way they should.

This was how I looked when I woke up to find half my face had swolled up again. I could barely open my left eye. This was when I was put on antibiotics for the second time.


This is my bite right now. I notice in this picture I'm struggling against the rubberbands, trying to keep my jaw where it feels more natural, but then the midlines don't come together.
But still, looking at this picture I think "WOW".. you should have then what it looked like before...

2 kommentarer:

Shontelly sa...

What a difference a month makes! Man I am NOT looking forward to all that puffiness!!

Eva sa...

It sure does. Puffiness is no fun, but hey it's not forever ;-)